View Single Post
Old July 13, 2009, 12:00 AM   #7
dogtown tom

Quote:
crapster Ok, so i have mu permanent legal residence...aka greencard [its actually pink in color]..anyhow, my poor understanding s that i can legally purchase a handgun as long as i have been in the USA for 90 days continouse...is that pretty much correct??? Also, what do i need to take with me to the gunshop...do i need my greencard, ss card, or just my local drivers license? Thanks for any info.
When purchasing a firearm you will be required to complete a Form 4473 (Firearm Transaction Record) and pass the FBI NICS check (instant background check) Some states may have additional requirements for a firearm purchase.

On Pg 2 of the Form 4473, question 20c is required of all Aliens. It asks for documents that establish 90 day residency (utility bills, lease agreements, bank statements, credit card bills, etc). These documents must be from the 90 day period preceding the sale. You should bring a copy to attach to the 4473.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.03038 seconds with 8 queries