View Single Post
Old November 18, 2011, 04:49 PM   #1
okiefarmer

Bullet lube question

I think it was here, or at least a reference from here to check out White Label Lube. I ordered some last year, just now getting around to ussing it on a batch of 40 S&W 175 pills. Claims to not need a heater, but it takes quite a crank on the top screw to get the band to fill out. I am using the BAC sticks, I believe a mix with X-Lox, beeswax, and carnaube. I utilize the heater at times, but it gets really too soft in a hurry. Have to unplug from time to time. Kind of a PITA really, but I think I'm gonna like the BAC lube in pistol calibers better, seems like the softer material would flow off bullet to barrel much easier. I have found fired projos with lube still in the grooves from lube I was using before.

Does anyone know if their (White Label Lube) regular harder carnauba wax sticks would suffice for pistol as well as the faster rifle pills. I generally cast up and lube a boatload (in my usage anyway) in the winter, and was also curious if the BAC lube would melt out of the grooves on hot summer afternoons. Temp in loading room doesn't get above ambient outside temp, it is insulated, but not cooled yet.

TIA,

Okie out

Page generated in 0.02587 seconds with 8 queries