View Single Post
Old September 26, 2013, 09:15 AM   #15
Spats McGee
Staff

Telling the kids may or may not be appropriate, depending on the age and temperament of the kids. I have to say, though, that I really like this line:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob86
My kids all know that dad carries a gun. They also know that there are things polite people don't talk about in public. Things on the inside of our pants are on that list.
That's AWESOME!

When my daughter was younger, I told her something similar: Guns are like underwear. I always wear 'em, but I don't want you talking to your friends about them.

ETA: Only the OP can make the determination as to whether to tell the kids, whether to tell them now or later, etc. With that said, it would help to know what kind of IWB holster you're using, OP. I use a Theis, which is a CBST clone. I love the holster, and it does its job very well. I have to admit, though, that it's not as comfortable as an OWB in leather. Since virtually everyone who rides in my car already knows that I carry, I don't have to worry about being "exposed," though.

Page generated in 0.05572 seconds with 8 queries