View Single Post
Old November 6, 2012, 09:31 AM   #1
jd3020

Help with sighting in a scope

Hey guys I'm trying to get a scope sighted in for my dads savage 308 but I'm having some issues. First I started with a scope I removed from my 270. Mounted bore sighted took to my range and couldn't find it on paper at all. Even after extensive adjusting. Took it back home and installed a brand new bushnell banner 6-18x50 same thing that was on my 270. Installed bore sighted its on paper but at 100 yards it was about 6" left. So I adjusted and adjusted and finally ran out of adjustment and still so go. So it was back to Walmart with the scope to exchange for a new one. I haven't had a chance yet to sight this new one in but he is complaining about when he looks through the scope the cross hairs move all over the place. I told him this is normal until u find that certain spot. We shoot fairly the same as each other but is there something I'm doing wrong here. I just find it odd that I have went through 2 scopes. Any help or step by step would be nice. I don't think it's me because I have 15 rifles with scopes and I have sighted every single one in the same way but this one is just killing me in ammo

"If guns kill people then i can blame mis-spelled words on my pencil"

Page generated in 0.02282 seconds with 8 queries