View Single Post
Old March 1, 2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Erikbal

Is the price of .40 ammo worth the extra $ over 9mm ammo. Opinions needed please!!!

I apologize ahead of time for the long winded post, but PLEASE do me a favor and take your time to read it for me!!! Alright guys here's the deal. I've got my eyes set on either the SW9VE or the SW40VE for my next gun purchase. They are both the same price at my local gun shop. I am aware of the trigger complaints and the other opinions out there but from what I have read this is a great gun for the money and I pretty much have my mind 100% made up on one of them and don't mind the trigger so let's not bring that up. I have a 380 right now which isn't the cheapest gun in the world to shoot. I would REALLY like the .40 for the extra power and larger caliber. My issue is this, for a box of 50 of Blazer ammo for my 380 it comes to $17.27 including tax. I was under the impression that both the .40 and 9mm would be cheaper to shoot until today when I went to my local gun shop. A box of 50 of Blazer ammo for the 9mm is $15.99 plus tax and a box of the same for the .40 is $19.99 plus tax, even more than my 380! Now here comes the dilema, is the larger caliber really worth the extra cost of ammo? Or I could look at it like this... is $4 a box difference really worth getting the 9mm over the .40 and that big of a deal? Keep in mind they are both the same price so that makes no difference, the only difference is the price difference of shooting them. The gun will probably be used primarily for home defense and I may also CC it as well. I enjoy shooting guns for fun though and will definitely shoot it quite a bit, basically as much as I can. One other thing to think about is I am much more likely to find reloads for either of these calibers at gun shows than I am for my 380. The last gun show I went to had 9mm reloads for $9 bucks a box of 50 I believe. If I can buy reloads for the .40 for that price or even a few bucks more just for shooting then I will still come out cheaper than shooting my 380. Anyways guys sorry for such a long post, if you've read this far thanks a lot for your time and PLEASE give me your opinions and any other points of view I may be missing. As usual thanks a lot fellas!!!

Page generated in 0.03750 seconds with 8 queries