View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 01:48 AM   #6
reticle

I've had one since '01. Generally it's either loved or hated. As a rule, those who have hands large enough to properly manipulate it, love the weapon. Those with T-rex hands are typically unimpressed.

Some want one because it was issued to various special forces. I wanted one because of what went into it and what it could do...at the time. Back when it came out, it was the only production pistol with a threaded barrel, match grade accuracy, an accessory rail (proprietary since no standardized rail existed) and kit components specifically designed to integrate and function with the gun. It has been rated for 24 hours submerged in sea water without any corrosion. It has/had a maritime finish that penetrated the metal such that even worn off the metal was still protected. It has a relatively silent decocker, can be carried cocked and locked and has an ambi safety.

It's no delicate daisy. It's designed for extremely adverse conditions...same goes for it's kit components. It has one specific purpose and it satisfies it well. For everything else it's a misfit; but I don't care. I like mine and have for 10 years.

Page generated in 0.03775 seconds with 8 queries