View Single Post
Old January 17, 2006, 02:32 PM   #103
Az Qkr

Ronny:

Not really that impressive in reality. I knew guys at some matches that were down around low 3 seconds for 6 plates, but then they were using sights and I wasn't

Thats not making excuses either. These guys had a lot of skill on the guns and practiced all the time at these skills.

I thought my times were okay, and of course I had the ocassional miss trying to keep up with these guys at times. Thing was, they were still impressed even when they would beat me on the rack plates as the gun I used was handicapped in their mind.

I've also shot sub 4 second runs often enough, but that was when everything came together and I was into a zen mindset of sorts, just letting it flow without thought of what was happening. It's a euphoric feeling when it happens.

One of the best shots I have ever made on a snapshot was at 50 feet in a sandbank with buddies around. They put an empty yellow plastic 22 box [ about 1.5 inches square on the end ] on a fence post and asked if I could just draw and hit it. The first shot took it off the post and everyone thought it had fallen after I hit the post. We walked to it and the plastic box was shattered on the ground. This was with a lightweight commander with milspec sights which I didn't use. Another zen moment had happened then.

The limiting factor is always the mind. As the one who bring others into QK with a pistol of revolver [ I own the registered copyrights ], I don't "train" people in this skill, I open the door to their natural abilities with QK, and they either step through that door and are enlightened or they do not. Thats why the mind is the limiting factor. They are shown how to do something they have always been able to do, and didn't know it, just like I was by the master Bobby Lamar [ Lucky ] McDaniel.

Robin Brown

Last edited by Az Qkr; January 17, 2006 at 03:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.03239 seconds with 8 queries