View Single Post
Old June 30, 2018, 10:30 AM   #36
Don Fischer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picher View Post
The attached photo is of a home-made bench and stool that I designed and we built ten of, for our club. It uses a half-sheet of 3/4" waterproof flakeboard top with 6x6 legs, 2x6" sides/braces, etc.

They were made about 15 years ago and held up well, being made to withstand moving around on a concrete slab. After replacing them with concrete benches, I brought one home and am using it in our blueberry field range. They're very strong and haven't deteriorated.

We don't have plans. You can see that it's ambidextrous and pieces cut in the top were used as leg braces.
When he mentioned bench rest that is what I though of right away. But reading some post's I figured I miss understood. Then with bench rest firmly planted in my brain I couldn't come up with rifle rest, maybe that's wrong too.

I did make my own bench and it's portable. Actually have made a few and they all sort of worked! My top is cut from 1 1/8th inch car decking. Double 3/4" would work as well I think. Underneath are three leg's made from 1 1/4" black pipe I mounted a pipe flange for the legs. 1x4 hardwood cit into 3 1/2' length' and cut top corner the bottom corned with a band saw. That makes the legs go out of the table at an angle. Bottom of each leg has a 1 1/4" pipe cap screwed on and the top screws into the pipe flanges. Use a 5gal bucket for a seat but looking for something better. Only thing I like about the bucket is it's handy for carrying the rifle rest and sand bags.

My sand bags are made from the legs of old jeans and filled with sand. Gonna up grade them pretty soon, Have a problem with sand bags that get wet then freeze. No longer a sand bag but frozen it become a rock. Gonna make some new one's and this next time put the sand into plastic storage bags.

This is the bench.

Page generated in 0.02477 seconds with 8 queries