View Single Post
Old March 27, 2017, 07:15 PM   #16
turkeestalker

I used a sharpie and numbered the chambers on the outside of the cylinder yesterday after returning from the range and experiencing the skipping of a chamber.
I was able to make the revolver duplicate what it had done at the range twice on chambers numbered 5 and 7.
I dismantled the revolver completely and looking each part over carefully, searching for some sort of excessive wear or anything unusual that could explain what had happened.
Couldn't readily identify anything out of the ordinary or possibly defective.

I did stone a little on the inside of the frame and side of the hammer where it had some scoring from days past before I owned it.
I cleaned some rather sharp rolled edges off of the opening that the cylinder stop protrudes through, (that could have been the issue but doubtful by itself).
I also generally cleaned some sharp edges off of some of the internal parts.

I've tried at least 200 times since to duplicate the cylinder jump and can not.

Don't know if it could have been the edges around the opening of the stop inhibiting it's function, or maybe some debris of some sort inside the revolver.
I'm just not sure.
I'm also not sure if it will do it again in the future, but there is only one way to find out.

Time will tell, but it's not going back to Miami just yet, and I'm not yet terribly discouraged... I'm learning.

Besides, the revolver seems to be crazy accurate.
On my first trip to the range with it, first shot was an inch low and an inch left at seven yards. Second shot no hole... third shot no hole... hmmm....fourth shot opened the existing hole enough to see at seven yards, and I realized that they'd all passed through that spot.
Not the norm with this jerk on the trigger.

Page generated in 0.02141 seconds with 8 queries