View Single Post
Old March 12, 2009, 11:36 PM   #66
L_Killkenny

Quote:
I have a raccoon that has been using the bed of my truck as his swingers pad. I have caught him in there with "company" twice now. I have learned to live with it.
Now that's dang funny right there!!!

Quote:
The transplanted wolves from Canada aren't and weren't a natural part of the states they have been transplanted to in the USA. They are much bigger and more ferocious than their predecessors. BTW, L_Killkenny, that's a damned easy and arrogant statement for someone from Iowa to make. If you had to worry about your kids and grandkids being out in the woods of your state, maybe you'd sing a different song.
Lot closer to natural than you and a cow, yes? And no it's not arrogant just honest. I'll guarantee that the deer here in Iowa cause a MINIMUM of 10 times the monetary damage than the wolves will ever cause you out there. Crop damage alone is figured at $4.5 billion in the US. Arrogant? Think not.

Can you imagine what the US would be like if everyone was allowed to kill deer just because they bothered or destroyed property and crops? And deer, while a natural part of Iowa's eco system had to be reintroduced and managed just like the wolf. Bet there are SOME farmers that wish they were all gone. But they are idiots. My problem is not with control but with the absolutism which you people fight, and have fought since the idea of reintroduction, the wolf. To me there is a happy medium. The bunny huggers want absolute protection. The ranchers and deer/elk hunters want them 100% gone. Both parties need to learn to live with some control which should be decided by the area Game and Fish Department. But they are there, IMO they should be there, I like them there, and I wouldn't care if they were here as long as they were controlled and managed. Like I said, happy medium.

Page generated in 0.03433 seconds with 8 queries