View Single Post
Old September 1, 2006, 10:37 AM   #60
Crosshair

Only problem with that photo invssgt is that an M4 has no chance in heck of reaching 3150 FPS muzzle velocity. The M4 only has about 50 yards at most of "fragmentation range" and even at the magic 2700 FPS mark, M855 has inconsistant fragmentation that can vary from lot to lot. So after about 50 yards you basicly have a 22 bullet that isn't gona fragment. More important, THAT IS A SOFT POINT BULLET IN THAT 5.56 PHOTO. Nobody in the military uses bullets of that type.

Here is the proper photo. Note that the M4 has no chance of reaching the listed MV and fragmentation will not be as severe at M4 velocities. Also note that a hit in the arm or leg is likely to be a .22 hole unless it hits bone. (Unless you are kinda fat like me. ) Sure an arm or leg is not the ideal place to hit someone, but if you can increase the chance of hitting an artery/nerve/something else, I'll take it. The 5.56 goes nearly 4 inches before doing anything impressive.

Page generated in 0.02354 seconds with 8 queries