View Single Post
Old November 21, 2001, 04:14 PM   #24
Darxus

Thank you.

I really appreciate all the insightful responces. I have decided that my shotgun will continue to remain by my bed, not replaced by my AK. From what I read in this thread, a person, even wearing body armor, sounds a lot more likely to go down quick from buckshot than 7.62x39. A few people have commented that you need to be less accurate with a shotgun, and a few others have quickly pointed out that shot does not spread as much as some think at likely HD ranges. I think you need to be less accurate with a shotgun, not because shot spreads, but because of the extensive trauma it introduces. If you fire an AK in the general direction of a person's chest, and it happens to pierce their left lung, they are still going to be fully capable of emptying a magazine at you. If you make the same shot with 00 buck, I believe the person will be significantly less enthusiastic with the left side of their ribcage blown all over the far wall. And even if the guy is wearing armor, I expect the extensive blunt force of the shotgun will have, at the very least, a dramatic effect on his balance. And then there's close range head shots.

Randy: I think if your wife can handle a shotgun, she could handle an AK. They

are both very simple in operation: flick off the safety, point, pull trigger.
And an AK you don't have to pump. Not to mention what a little practice can do.

Also, I believe most will agree that a shotgun points more naturally / can be aimed more quickly than an AK.

Oh, and I do like my shotgun, very much. Beautiful brute force.

Page generated in 0.02969 seconds with 8 queries