View Single Post
Old March 31, 2014, 11:29 PM   #8
Doc Hoy

I just dropped in...

To speak with Bruce and the old woman.

A couple old dodgers were there too. They were not firearm people. They just appreciated real folks. Kind of like the guys who sit in the barber shop....talk about Case tractors and hybrid seeds.

Bruce and I spoke about .43 Spanish reformado which he recalled in specific detail (groove to groove is .451 and a very under developed neck) without being prompted.

He knew that Colt Army Navy DA was shot out if the bullet tumbled and he had a source for replacement barrels from coltparts.com.

We talked about the fact that 1920s Belgian interpretation of .38 S&W Special, has nothing to do with anything we know today. He knew that ammunition would not be available unless reloaded from custom fitted cases. That .38 S&W would bulge unacceptably.

He knew that a revolver marked .44 WCF in Belgium, was not necessarily .44-40 in the U.S.

I lamented my decision to pass on a MAB 1935. He told me to buy it because it was a good deal and he was correct. I shoulda listened to him. (Tears filling eyes)

It meant a lot to him to recall the Siamese Mauser of the 1972 gun show and it meant a lot more that the rifle was still in the possession of the buyer. (Gyvel...read with pride).

Guys.

You don't have to buy anything. But God Dammit, if you don't get to Bruce's place, I swear, I will hunt you down and shoot each of you!

Gimme a "Roger...Out" when the mission is complete.

Last edited by Doc Hoy; March 31, 2014 at 11:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.02930 seconds with 8 queries