View Single Post
Old January 14, 2014, 04:47 AM   #5
Doc Hoy

I am not certain

why these little things interest me.

Maybe it is because they are all under a hundred bucks. (Except for a few specimens.)

But every time I see one of the Bicycle Revolvers (A term I loosely apply to inexpensive wheel guns from folks like Hopkins and Allen, F and W, and IJ) I take a second look.

When I did the OP I remember thinking, "No one on this board is going to be interested in the fact that I came up with another little semi-auto pistol or cheap old revolver." But I was actually proud of it and just wanted to tell someone.

I can tell you that I enjoy working on them. I am no gunsmith but the idea of bringing one back to life is a little exciting. I told a colleague that I would almost rather buy a failed revolver than a working one. He was surprised as he should be.

You may recall my photos of that T.E. Ryan Retriever for which I am having to make all of the internals. I need one piece, plus one spring, plus the grips and that revolver will be working, Not shootable but operating.

I never work on other people's stuff because I am not good enough. I don't make a habit of selling or trading my pistols. I let a trapdoor go some months ago, but only because; a) it was number three of three in my accumulation, and b) I had fired it a lot and had good reason to believe it was as safe as any other trapdoor out there.

Last edited by Doc Hoy; January 14, 2014 at 04:54 AM.

Page generated in 0.03494 seconds with 8 queries