View Single Post
Old July 1, 2013, 04:37 PM   #15
Bill Akins

I know some of you fellas like that worn off finish, "antique" look.
But this isn't really an antique at all. If it were, I wouldn't have bought it
and if I did have a true antique gun, I naturally wouldn't mess with its
antique patina unless it was damaged in some way, or rusted so bad that
I wouldn't reduce its value by cleaning it or restoring it.

And those of you who know me, know that I can't abide a dirty, or stained or rusted gun, and that I actually prefer nickel or stainless over blue. Sometimes even highly polished "in the white" over blue. There's no doubt it will visit my buffing wheel shorty after I receive it. Then I'll blue it. But if the bluing doesn't come out as well as I like, then I'll re-buff and leave it polished in the white or I might try some browning methods mentioned in my Foxfire series of books. I'll find out and make decisions as I go with the project.

But those etching marks and big area of rust on the frame HAVE GOT TO GO! Gives me the heebie jeebies. Lol.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Page generated in 0.04834 seconds with 9 queries