View Single Post
Old April 18, 2012, 05:50 PM   #31
Bill Akins

I know what you're saying ProfMarvel. But the only problem with ignoring them is that they then disseminate wrong information to others who might believe what they read because they don't know better. I laud you for trying to correct their error and hold them in contempt for banning you for doing so.

Now of course a technically incorrect article by some ignorant writer who by inference claims to know guns, but actually doesn't, giving the public wrong information, is not going to highly impact our country, raise taxes or impact the price of gas. But still....we should as you did, take every opportunity to correct misstatements by people writing about guns. Most importantly so when it comes to refuting anti-gunners. It may seem like a small and perceived as unimportant in the instance of were they Colt Walkers, or were they G&G's or L&R's, but misinformation is misinformation and when it comes to misinformation being written about guns, we should always strive to correct that.

What's that old saying? "The only thing necessary for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing".

You're a good man ProfMarvel because at least you tried to do something to correct it.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Page generated in 0.02604 seconds with 8 queries