View Single Post
Old June 3, 2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Chrz

Help over firearm possession

Be prepared for a wall of text

Ok, so I recently purchased a Ruger pistol from one of my co-workers. We signed a contract stating I purchased the firearm from him. The contract lists the day, time, make, model, serial number, both our names and our signatures and the price paid for it. Well, a few days ago he comes up to me and tells me the FFL he bought it from needs the firearm back. I asked for a reason on why they would need it, and received several ambiguous answers including: "There's a problem with the numbers on file", "something came back on it" (not sure what he means there), and "a previous owner has a misdemeanor on file" (don't think that would effect the current owner).

I asked my co-worker to get the dealer to contact me, and he claims the dealer refuses to speak to me because of his bad temper and doesn't wish to get into an argument. My co-worker also refused to give me the dealers contact information.

My co-worker claims he doesn't want the firearm due to it's lack of safeties and his having a 3 year old daughter (the whole reason I purchased it from him), and his only concern is that the firearm is registered under his name since his is the one who purchased it from the FFL.

Now, I don't want to release this firearm to anyone, for any reason, as I feel like I'm being lied to on several accounts. I also do not wish to give up the firearm as it's a solid piece of equipment.

And now I'm kinda stuck, since every time I go into work, he comes up to me with something else and how he's tired of this and just wants to be done with it, but still refuses to let me speak with the dealer.

Can anyone offer any help?

~Greg

Page generated in 0.04037 seconds with 8 queries