Thread: Epiphany
View Single Post
Old December 16, 2009, 12:19 AM   #10
DG45

For years I worked a job that could get scary very fast, and sometimes did. So I always carried a gun in my right front pocket. Unfortunately these guns were of pipsqueak calibers due to my employers excretable gun policy (guns not allowed on company premises, or in company vehicles, or on a company employee doing company business, and this was a firing offense) so these mouse guns were the best I could conceal.

As someone said above, the gun you can get to is your main gun - at least until you can get to a better one, and the little one in my right front pocket was always the one I could get to fastest.

A few words of advice to those who are new to front pocket carry: It is often difficult to quickly draw an unholstered gun from a front pants pocket; an unholstered gun will usually not stay in the correct position for easy drawing. An inside the front pocket holster can keep your gun in the proper position for drawing, but if the holster is unanchored in the pocket, when you draw your gun, your holster may come out of your pocket still on the gun. (And nothing looks sillier than pointing a holster at somebody.)

You can prevent your holster from coming out of your pocket when you draw by securely anchoring the holster inside your pocket. A fabric holster can be sewn into a pocket. You'll probably need several holsters if you do this, so you'll still have a holster wnen you change pants. A less expensive solution might be to use velcro or better yet, double-sided tape to hold a holster in. There are probably some other ways to do it too. But however you do it you will need a pocket holster so that your gun will stay upright in your pocket for ease of draw, and you will need to anchor that holster in the pocket so it will not come out with the gun when you draw.

Page generated in 0.03801 seconds with 8 queries