View Single Post
Old October 19, 2008, 10:45 AM   #28
Glenn E. Meyer

When I was in college in the late 60's, the school movie theater was having a free movie night - a zombie movie (Night of the Living Dead - how appropriate for a gun scenario).

This being an eastern liberal school (sorry, you guys who live on a mountain waiting for the end of the world), much evil smoking was being done.

In fact, clouds of weed smoke filled the theater - jammed to the gills.

Now, one group of individuals decided to yell instructions to the screen. Get out of there, girl, etc.!!

This enraged a group of other folks who yelled Shut the F UP, you members of a different ethic group. Said group responded with it's own commentary on ethnicity. Group 1 was not intimidated being night students who worked in the steel industry and hard drinking folks. They rose to the challenge - giant men of industry.

I, inbetween, said groups - said my, my we are going to be in a violent clash of mutually intolerant cultures.

At the crucial moment, a hippie - giant hair, ragged clothes, seeing rainbows and unicorns - stood up and yelled:

EVERYONE CHILL - OUT - EVERYONE JUST SMOKE SOME WEED!!

Said, smokes were passed around and the rest of the movie based in hallucinatory mellow splendor as all sat down. Later we ate lots of Pepperidge Farm cookies.

Thus, avoidance of conflict - you make pick a different strategy - seems best. If conflict looms, no need to incite more - get out of Dodge.

Page generated in 0.03571 seconds with 8 queries