View Single Post
Old September 16, 2008, 05:52 PM   #1
TFred

CCW: Analyze this

I haven't read this particular forum much at all, if it's the incorrect place to post this, please accept my apologies and move it to where it belongs.

I do not yet have a CCW permit, but have taken a couple classes toward that process. I've read several recent accounts of encounters that could have ended very differently had the victim been carrying.

Perhaps I need to find and take additional training for actual handgun defense tactics, but in the mean time, I read a blog today written by a guy who was mugged and shot three times.

Aside from the fact that this happened in Washington, DC, where CCW is not yet legal, after reading the description of the encounter, what and when would have been the proper and legal action to take? I realize that there are 50 sets of state laws that may influence that answer... let's assume we're using Utah, since they probably have the most familiarity out there.

In this particular case, the shooting happened as the situation seemed to diffuse, but then took a sudden turn for the worse.

http://www.brianbeutler.com/2008/09/a_brief_but_exc/

Not my intent to start any debates... I really want to know what more experience has to say here!

Thanks,

TFred

Page generated in 0.02290 seconds with 8 queries