Thread: Colt SAA
View Single Post
Old January 4, 2023, 12:22 PM   #10
Drm50

I started out early as a kid with Ruger S-6 in early 60s. Never was into fast draw, cowboy style. I do like holsters with exposed triggers. I hunted a lot and the Ruger SA & Colts were natural pointers for me. Switched to S&W K22 and although much more accurate wasn’t a natural pointer. Haven’t found an auto pistol that is natural pointer either.
You here a lot of talk from shotgunners about fit of gun. It’s the same in a hunting rifle. If you are shooting targets don’t make much difference. If you are shooting running or flying game it makes a lot of difference.
I’ve spent a lot of time when I was younger following Edd McGiverns instructions in his book
Fast & Fancy. Before you can follow through shooting targets out of the air you need to get a handgun that points naturally for you. Edd McGivern, Bob Munden all shot hand to eye coordination at thrown targets, they didn’t stop to bead them.
Still use the Ruger S-6 if I’m playing around instinct shooting. All my experience with this type of shooting is with a 22.

Page generated in 0.02694 seconds with 8 queries