View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 07:12 PM   #13
5R milspec

I just loaded up a few more for another test.( 70gn Berger VLD ) Sunday they did really well out to 200 yards for a first test.My go to powder is 8208xbr.In my rifel 1:9 twist a charge of 23.5gn of 8208xbr did really well.The three shoot group came in just under a dime.The other three shoot group was 23.9gn of the same powder and just as small.So now I have loaded up the two in five rounds each and ready for testing.

I too tried 4007 with one lot of three at 25gn and it too did really well.For some reason or another I have found this powder to work in a 223 with 69gn or heavier bullets.( to date I have tried 75gn and 77gn bullets with this powder with good results ) BUT I keep going back to 8208 for its cleaner and works with any temp better for me.Plus I can pick up the FPS with less powder.

If the 70gner works out for me I know it will be my go to bullet for deer hunting.I have and still use the 75gn VLD but wanted to try the 70gner.I will post when the testing is done to what is going on.Just need to take the time to shoot again.

Page generated in 0.02637 seconds with 8 queries