Thread: Blue or Red?
View Single Post
Old February 24, 2012, 01:58 PM   #5
BigJimP

I think they're both good machines....its not a clear - yes or no on either machine...

Personally I chose the 650 ...with a case feeder..about 5 yrs ago ...and I've put well over 100,000 rds thru it with no issues that weren't my fault .../ and its done everything I want it to do ( on about 7 calibers) .../ one of my buddies has the LNL - setup with case feeder...and he likes it as well. Like you, I think the 650 is built a little heavier ...and seems to process a round a little smoother ..but neither press is perfect either..they both have little quirks.

Cust service..I think Dillon gets the nod there / people who use and know the machine you can talk to about setup problems, etc. Of my buddies that reload -- 80% or more have Dillon equip -- and that might have swayed my opinion / because I can use them as mentors if something comes up.

Primer and powder systems are different / but they both work very well. I think the powder measure on the Dillon gets a small edge...or at least mine seems to drop more consistenly - with the same powder that my buddy uses in his LNL ....and I seem to have fewer inverted primers, or other primer issues than he does. Primer feed on the 650 - on the same side as the handle is no issue to me ...not sure why you would be concerned about it.

Speed wise - they're about the same with case feeders.

LNL is a little cheaper up front / and on caliber changes - but i don't think that's significant in the long run .... I'm confident the 650 will go to one of my boys down the road in another 20 - 30 yrs ..?? ...and to one of their sons...

Page generated in 0.02392 seconds with 8 queries