View Single Post
Old January 29, 2012, 06:48 PM   #12
thedaddycat

OK, I understand the utility of having the data. You get hard numbers on velocity and ES to tune the load and I'm guessing that you also tune the load to each gun. My Smith .357 will not shoot identical loads with identical results as the Taurus even if they have the same barrel length. The same goes for different barrels and cylinders: a .357 with a 6" barrel will not shoot the same as a 2" J frame, etc.

So here's the question: Which chronograph would you buy out of the ones on the market today? What is a reasonable budget? Let's say you had $500 to spend on reloading gear. The basics are already covered (my friends have presses, dies, tumbler, etc.) so where does the money go? Ultrasonic cleaner? Chronograph? Case prep station(motorized version)? Do you economize on the hardware and spend the rest to get more of a variety of powders and bullets? I did a basic search on the chronographs, it seems like you can get a decent one for under $200.

If you have any insight or recommendations, please feel free to speak up. As always any input is appreciated, and thanks in advance for your advice.

Page generated in 0.03361 seconds with 8 queries