View Single Post
Old July 16, 2000, 12:29 AM   #8
El Jefe

All right people this one hits home and I mean Personally, Monsignor Well was a Close personal friend and Confidant of mine, and of my family's, I have known him since I was 16 when he changed my life as I knew for the better. I am not Catholic but I am a Christian, This was a true man of God who often brought in the lowly and the despised the dregs of society and shared the Lord with them. Since My family and I have a bit more insight as to what happened let me say this. Monsignor Wells would never had the Chance to bring it into play. Robert Paul lucas was and is a disturbed man, Evidentally he went to see the Monsignor late at night, the Monsignor let him in and sat to talk with him. When Monsignor Wells got up to get him a drink and turned his back on him he was jumped from behind and Stabbed repeatedly, He left the Monsignors body in the rectory bedroom placed a drawer over his head so he didn't have to listen to what the monsignor was saying as he was dying and STAYED ot ransack the house for anything that might have a street value. Monsignor Wells Always saw the good in people and helped to bring that out in everyone, Had he had a weapon I doubt that it would have ever come into Play. I agree that EVERYONE has the right to defend life and limb, but in this case a weapon would not have helped him. The Man Died doing Gods work trying to save those that most people ignore on the street.......THAT makes him a Martyr. Would he have used the Weapon instead of dying....Of that I have no doubt if could have predicted the outcome, but he couldn't and for someone to say other really chaps me. My Brother is on the Force there in Maryland and My sister in Law Works at the Arch Diocese in Washington D.C. All evidence points to the fact that this Lowlife never gave him a chance, if you want to see this Piece of Work look Here.... http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/art...2000Jun19.html There are other articles as well I suggest that those that want to get further insight read through some of the articles that are posted with it. You will see a truly Great man who was doing Gods Work...........Nuff said

------------------
...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them; nor does it follow from this, that all promiscuously must go into actual service on every occasion. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it.
---Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

The ANTI-HCI Site!

Page generated in 0.02982 seconds with 8 queries