View Single Post
Old May 17, 2002, 08:44 PM   #19
topstrap

Steve,

Isn't this a great place, I only wish there had been an Internet when I was going thru the learning stages long ago, it was mostly try something and if it works pass it along. I have a neighbor that absolutely lives to get up in the morning and try a different load combination. He thrives on it, weighing the brass, measuring the brass, reaming the primer pocket, measuring the brass 147 different ways, checking the bullets and sorting them, etc, he does all the things a BR shooter will do plus things he dreams up. It goes on and on... kinda funny to listen to him in a way but he's serious about it. But.......... the one thing he hasn't worked on improving on is his shooting techniques..... After all that the groups aren't much better than what you'd get with a factory load in a hunting rifle. But, he's happy with the performance and it does keep him busy all day.

You can have the most accurate gun and load in the world but if you haven't developed the proper technique to shoot that gun then all that work is wasted. I'm sure you've seen the same thing at your shoots.

I've been the kind that if the load I use shoots well enough to group and hit what I am aiming at then I'd much rather be behind the trigger than at a bench. I think most guns will way outshoot most of the folks shooting them until you get to the higher level of competitors that can take advantage of the extra degree of accuracy the tweeking will gain for you.

It's nice to be able to get on here and share info both ways with others, I still learn something every evening on here and when I see something I feel I can share I enjoy that also but realize there are others that might disagree. It'll sure save the newer shooters and reloaders a lot of time and aggrivation when they can get their questions answered on here and if they are passed along something that isn't quite right then someone else will usually try to make a correction and offer other suggestions. Everyone should still be careful when given any load data on here until after they can verify that it is safe by referring to a loading manual. If a load isn't given in a manual then there is usually a good reason why they didn't put it there.

I appreciate having a site such as this and others for us to come to.

Page generated in 0.03846 seconds with 8 queries