View Single Post
Old August 23, 2013, 05:54 PM   #19
WVsig

Quote:
In 1982 when my PD was allowing the heel-clip SIG P220 for private purchase, we found that version cumbersome to reload.
When SIG "catered to its market" and "compromised" by switching to a conventional button release, sales took off, and look at where SIG is today in the US.
Denis
For those who are properly trained to use it the heal release is just as fast if not faster than the button release. My guess is that you departments simply had muscle memory training which was not worth the time effort and expense to correct. Not that I blame you.

Even with the change by the mid 2000's Sig was on the verge of going under before the Cohen Era began. More sales do not equal better design or better performance. Sometime cultural biases play a huge part like in your example of the button vs heal mag release. Just ask Sony about Betamax... LOL

On the flip side look at what VWAG is going in the automotive industry by catering to the US market.... they are positioning themselves to be the #1 automaker in the world.

Last edited by WVsig; August 23, 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Page generated in 0.02396 seconds with 8 queries