View Single Post
Old April 14, 2011, 05:55 PM   #7
ZVP

Noz
I guess I got lucky with mine. I dat the moment I have a broken hand spring but as you know it and the trigger springs get a lot of part failures on all brands. I have considered trying to find one of the aftermarket replacements but don't know where to look?
Yea Pettifoggers articles are great! There is So much to learn about these charcol bruners! (It makes you really appreciate a Ruger Single Six!)
MY London feels like it had an action job when compared to my Piettia .44. Even with the slick brass Piettia frame the gun cocks about 1/3 harder than my London! I think there must be a slight difference in the arc of the trigger pull or maybe it's the placement of the hammer pivot bolt? Whatever, the Uberti is super smooth and easy to cock.
I think the Navy's are the easiliest handling of all the Colts (Clones and otherwise). The grip length of trigger pull and overall balance are perfect!
I wish I had a stubby belly gun made from a Navy as it might just be the ideal BP carry gun. Maybe with a 3" bbl anda rounded, bobbed hammer? I'd want a loading lever even though it'd likely be impratical and useless, it just looks right. I guess I am nearly describing a Police model which come to think of it IS perfect!
Have you ever gotten to shoot any paper cartriges i your 36's? I herd that they are hard to load because of the small space in the frame. Sure seem pratical having a ready to go load made-up! I think a lot of getting your spent caps to fall of at the right time or not fall into the action, is a matter of matching a cap to the individual nipple. Like I'd said before I am having good results from Remington caps. they are made up of good metal and fit the Italian Nipples correctly. BTW, I pinch my caps so they fit tight and pressthem on with a dowel. So far thar works for me. I also lower the muzzle when cocking. I know in old times real life you'd probably not have time to try this when under Indian attack.
ZVP

Page generated in 0.03784 seconds with 8 queries