View Single Post
Old April 29, 2017, 10:09 AM   #40
tipoc

Getting old is better than the alternative but it's definitely not for the weak or easily frightened.

I wear my street glasses when I shoot defensively at the range. More point shooting nowadays (looking over rather than through the sights) as the front sight is just a blur. For a longer, more accurate defensive shot I can tilt my head to bring the lower portion of the bi-focals into play. This enables me to see the front sight clearly.

I have another set of glasses for more precise shooting at distance, the second set allows me to see the front sights clearly without tilting my head. The target is a blob unless I switch glasses. While I can see the sights well I can't even see a bullet hole in the black at 10 yards or beyond, not even with a shoot-n-see. So I have a small telescope with me in my shooting box.

My bi-focals are of the executive style. These allow me full peripheral vision which is an aid in shooting and work. The full line across does not bother me as it does some.

I've tried progressives but the loss of peripheral vision and the constant tilting of the head is an irritant.

I tired trifocals, both at work and the range. They did not work for me, meaning that the shifting of the head to get the precise spot where the lenses were in focus was an irritant.

I need scopes or red dots on my long guns. Otherwise the sights are a blur.

There isn't one fix for all. Find what works for you. A solution is out there.

tipoc

Page generated in 0.02542 seconds with 8 queries