View Single Post
Old February 6, 2009, 06:06 PM   #14
inSight-NEO

Quote:
It's not too obvious, as many people cannot fathom why you'd want more than a couple shots. On this board, high capacity versus lower capacity is the subject of many (and often heated) discussions. How much worse could it be with a group who are less gun savvy?
Good point. I will (or would, as the case may be) expand on my original point by offering this:

Given the many negative effects a violent HD encounter can have on ones coordination, sight, sense of touch, stress levels, etc., its entirely possible (speaking specifically of the shotgun) to "accidentally" eject an unfired round...maybe more. Lets not forget possible misfires due to ammo issues. Since I only keep 4 rounds in the tube (even though the capacity is 6), this could prove quite disastrous. After all, not every HD scenario involves just one person.

Also, as has been documented, even when concerning a 12g, not all direct "hits" are effective enough to stop a violent (possibly doped up) individual or individuals from inflicting harm. The extra rounds add leverage just for such a situation. In addition, if one only has, lets say, 3 rounds in the mag tube at his/her disposal then he/she only has 3 chances to get the job done. After that, the advantage goes the wrong way. Even with a shotgun, its entirely possible to make a critical miss.

As a side note: I do think that the need for extra ammo capacity, when speaking of shotguns, is fairly easy to justify. Now, when dealing with semi-auto pistols, it may not be so cut and dry.

Last edited by inSight-NEO; February 6, 2009 at 06:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.02364 seconds with 8 queries