View Single Post
Old May 7, 2008, 10:54 AM   #7
Master Blaster

Quote:
SPEERĀ® Trophy Bonded Bear Claw Rifle Bullets
There will be times you need the best bullet available. Times when failure is not an option. For those times, we offer the reloader the superb Trophy Bonded Bear Claw soft point.

Designed by renowned big game hunter Jack Carter, Bear Claw bullets combine deep penetration, maximum and fast expansion, and incredibly high retained weights. The jacket is machined from gilding metal, producing a cavity for a front core, and a solid rear shank for integrity.

The front lead core is fusion-bonded to the jacket at high temperatures, creating a true bonded core.
The solid rear shank stands up to punishment that destroy lesser bullets. The fusion process leaves the front portion of the jacket soft so Bear Claws expand reliably over a wide range of velocities. The solid shank remains intact for the ultimate in bullet integrity.

Retained weights over 95 percent are the norm. Mushroomed lead stays with the jacket petals, The nose-heavy expanded bullet means straight-line penetration. This is one awesome bullet.

To see the entire selection of Bear Claw bullets, use the handy Bullet Selector and search by "Ultra-premium Bullets

Actually the purpose of this post was to ask about the correct bullet to use in loading a .45Colt and whether a speer bullet would work.

The purpose of this post was not to argue about how speer builds it bullets.
Very childish of you to pick a section of my post and tell me I'm wrong when its really irrelevant to the OP

Here is speers bullet page you can read all about how different bullets are constructed.
The words bonded core can apply to a couple different construction methods according to speer's own site. Hot poured lead, or plated.

http://www.speer-bullets.com/default.asp?s1=3&s2=7&s3=5

Page generated in 0.03076 seconds with 8 queries