View Single Post
Old June 29, 2013, 05:40 PM   #12
RC20

Still felt better off with the pistols of settling in on one action type. Ok with a 1911 as I grew up with those and shot them a fair amount, but did shoot revolver latter on a whole lot more. Carried a 1911 type for a long time (pretty much the only choice if you wanted a semi auto at one time).

The one thing I do know is I like accurate shooting and good triggers. They don't have to be slick, just good. the DA revolvers were that, S&W was good and the occasionally shot Python was even sweeter.

For most people I think its better to settle in on one action type and stick with it. Some do well swapping around but I am not so sure that if push came to shove they would not get confused.

I do know I am not conflicted. The only issue I had to sort through when I got a more modern semi auto was to sort through what suited me. Was not interested in the strikers and the more I have come to know about them the less so.

Probably the older I get the less flexible I am as well.

What I can say is that glock and their so called safe action trigger or whatever it is exactly is pure PR spin hogwash. As has been proven over and over again, there is a world of difference in an interlock that keeps it from going boom when you drop it and NDs. If you don't have good gun handling skills and habits there is no trigger that is safe (including DA/SA) and all guns now will not fire if dropped. Snagged trigger yes. Springfield XD adds the grip interlock which is a help but does not preclude it (neither does a true safety but it removes the all the accidental scenarios where it goes off getting the pistol out, carrying it non holster or putting it away. glock leg and glock butt are not myths.

Last edited by RC20; June 29, 2013 at 05:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.02062 seconds with 8 queries