View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 12:09 PM   #17
Alabama Shooter

Strange how we never hear much about Rosa Parks before or after the Montgomery Bus Strike is it not?

Wikipedia sums it up:

Quote:
In 1957, Raymond and Rosa Parks left Montgomery for Hampton, Virginia; mostly because she was unable to find work. She also disagreed with King and other leaders of Montgomery's struggling civil rights movement about how to proceed.
Funny how they never talk about the nature of that disagreement or what happened later.

Why don't we take a (for many) surprising peek here into history:

Quote:
She was especially proud of her grandfather’s willingness to defend himself and his family from the daily terror of the Ku Klux Klan in Pine Level, Alabama.

“Whatever happened,” she said, “I wanted to see it … I wanted to see him shoot that gun. I wasn’t going to be caught asleep.” This spirit of defense and defiance, she said later, “had been passed down almost in our genes' that a proud African-American can not accept "bad treatment from anybody.”
(there is a bit more there too that should be looked into)

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...-from-the-bus/

What about Pine Ridge and Wounded Knee?

Quote:
Thus, given the right social circumstances members of even our Republic can become instruments of unacceptable action and oppression.
Given the right set of circumstances I would say it is true in any society. To say that people are immune or better than this spits into the face of all of human history.

Page generated in 0.02746 seconds with 8 queries