View Single Post
Old July 21, 2013, 07:58 PM   #10
balance

Quote:
What I can comment on is the number of recalls Walther has had lately, or at least this decade as compared to the last 90 years. I don't ever remember hearing or reading about a recall ever in the history of Walther until this decade and the last decade.
I don't believe that any of the Walther pistols made in the Ulm plant (P99, PPQ, PPS, PPX) have had any recalls within the past 10 years.

Maybe it is Umarex pistols (P22, G22, SP22, PK380, PPK/s .22) you are thinking of.

Quote:
Since I have been researching and collecting Walther handguns for the last 30 years I can't remember ever being this disappointed with their product line as I am right now. I don't ever expect to see the glory days of Walther again. I think now their time has passed with the exception of the P99 and PPS.
I can only speak for myself when I say that I'm satisfied with what they have been putting out this decade. Since the release of the P99, they've released the PPS, PPQ, and PPX. Not too many owners of these pistols make complaints about reliability or durability. Most people like these aspects of these pistols, and comments about better than average triggers are common.

The Umarex products are junk, IMO, but the fact that Umarex purchased Walther back in 1993 (before they released or designed any of their polymer pistols) hasn't stopped them from releasing top quality pistols, like the P99, PPQ, and PPS. I've owned all three. I have no experience with the PPX.

Page generated in 0.03437 seconds with 8 queries