View Single Post
Old December 12, 2012, 03:37 PM   #1
rebs

reloading question ?

A friend gave me 3 50 round boxes of this ammo from the Maine Cartridge Company. On the box it says 223 Remington 62 gr M855/SS109 Military M5. He said they were very very poor on accuracy in his bolt action 223 rifle. So he gave them to me to try. I looked up Maine Cartridge Company since this company reloaded them and when I seen the results of the search I decided not to shoot them in my rifle. It seems this company is out of business and had a few law suits against them for bad ammo.
I pulled them down and they have 22.0 grains of unknown to me powder, I weighted some of the bullets and they are 62 grain. I saved the powder, bullets and primed cases. I would like to load them back up just for plinking ammo. What would you guys do with them ? Would you scrap the powder that was loaded in them at 22.0 grains and use another powder like H335 or just re use the powder that was in them ? What COL would you seat them to ? These are green tipped bullets and I think that means they have a steel pin inside them, am I right ?

Page generated in 0.03604 seconds with 8 queries