View Single Post
Old August 12, 2012, 05:21 AM   #10
mwurdeman07

Lost Sheep,

Thank you so much for your input as well as the time you put into your response. I will try to answer all of your questions.

1. I am standing only 2 feet or so away from my chrono (afraid to hit the thing, especially with my new ammo which will go who knows where) That being said the factory ammo I tested was also shot from 2 feet and the chrono read those accurately as well. I will try standing a little father back next time.

2. After shooting my "hot" rounds today the brass was still in the barrel like it was loaded and ready to be fired again, not stovepiping. This made me nervous, but they were easily removed and did not require any force.

3. The cartridges did appear to be sootier than normal. (this is interesting as evidence 2 shows signs of a hot load and the sooty ammo shows signs of a light load)

4. On the website where I bought my ammo (referenced above) it says to use formulas for jacketed 124gr bullets. So maybe I do need more powder, I will try the 5.8gr you have suggested to start. The scale I use is a Hordany gs 1500. I always zero and re-calibrate before using it. I noticed some variation, in the powder charge but not much after I warm up my pro powder measure.

5. As for the manuals I am using the lee modern reloading second ed. and the One book/ One caliber which contains information from all of the popular manuals pertaining to the 9mm.

6. Finally what do you think about the OAL I have right now at 1.125 ?

Sorry about all of my questions but I really wanna start off on the right foot and do not want to destroy my firearm or hurt myself.

Last edited by mwurdeman07; August 12, 2012 at 05:42 AM.

Page generated in 0.05713 seconds with 8 queries