View Single Post
Old May 31, 2005, 01:31 PM   #17
Duxman

M -

The masks are probably there to protect the identity of UNDERCOVER police officers. Aside from that, I cannot think of a legitimate reason why police would attempt a felony arrest in a crowded public location, while wearing them.

Since we do not have all the information the police had, I think its pretty tough to assume that there were no extenuating circumstances about the arrest. Perhaps he was going to flee the country after this exchange, perhaps the perp was going to use the money to buy explosives to do something nasty. Who knows.

Also we have to give the police credit - no innocent bystanders were hurt.

As to the scenario that was proposed here. If I am at all outnumbered and outgunned - whether it be by masked gun weilding folks or not, AND there is an avenue of escape - then I am outta there. (As long as my SO and friends or family who happen to be with me are in the same car of course) - If one or more of them is in the line of fire, I would have to attempt to save them.

If a stranger is getting arrested or jumped by a group of armed men, a single CC holder with a pistol and one extra mag - is probably not enough to deter a professional team. Unless you are the modern version of Wyatt E., legendary lawman, you are probably dead if you try.

Page generated in 0.02694 seconds with 8 queries