View Single Post
Old January 12, 2009, 01:56 PM   #11
deanadell

Quote:
Why this fascination with black bear attacks here?
1. Makes for good reading
2. Instigates a lot of back and forth communication between board members
3. Aside from an occasional nugget of good information, the anectdotal posts are extremely entertaing

Quote:
Are you aware that attacks by black bears are incredibly rare? I mean really, really, really rare. Like you have to wear a bacon suit to increase the risk level to where it should be a concern.
Yeah.....so are Shark attacks....statistically....but I'm not going swimming with 'em

Quote:
By far the most dangerous part of the hunting trip will be driving too and from the location.
True, but this would make a BORING internet bulletin board.....I'd much rather read about guns inbetween calls from salesmen and pages to the shipping floor.....

Quote:
You're chances of dying from a snake bite are far greater than of even being attacked by a black bear, never mind a fatal attack.
True again....but if you look around, there are LOTS of posts asking about shooting snakes too

Quote:
Black bears are not that tough. 12 year old girls have fought them off with frying pans.
This would make a great topic, but it's not firearms related:

What kind of frying pan should I buy my little girl for when we go hiking? Teflon coated aluminum? Or does it have to be cast iron? Will my Bear Frying pan also work on rabid coyotes and foxes? Or am I going to have to carry a back-up frying pan in a different color?

Bring on the Bear posts!!!!!! I love 'em!!!!

Page generated in 0.02878 seconds with 8 queries