View Single Post
Old December 3, 2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Keltyke

Endless Scenarios

Why? It seems we have a couple of threads pop up weekly with some type of title "What would you do...", or "I did this..." and followed by (usually) a made up scenario or (sometimes) a real life story or video.

Well, what I would do might not be what anyone else would do, and might be right or might be wrong. Each situation is different and has so many variables that it's impossible to state with certainty how I would react. In the stories, no one knows the real layout of the scene (descriptions aren't really adequate), or the demeanor of the people involved. "Two BG's walk into a Waffle House" tells me nothing about how they're acting, tone of voice, state of their weapons, etc. The videos are often without sound, eliminating an important piece that would help determine my reaction. Sometimes the videos are so blurred that what's happening can't really be determined, except by the accompanying story. They're less than useless because they often don't inform, but may actually mislead.

I don't know exactly how I would react until I'm actually in that scene - for real. I have no business telling anyone else how THEY should react. Each person is different, each scene is different.

All we can do is practice, maybe on a tactical course/class, and be as prepared as possible. Remember, the only GOOD gunfight is one where no shots are fired. If I and my family are unharmed, then I'm the winner.

Page generated in 0.02957 seconds with 8 queries