View Single Post
Old July 18, 2014, 07:22 AM   #10
precision_shooter

Excellent points all around. I actually had not thought about the wearing thicker, heavier clothes in the winter and issues it could cause with proper posture/position on the rifle compared to just a t-shirt that he was wearing yesterday.

As far as caliber, I don't see us getting the opportunity to hunt elk in the near future. It will mainly be White Tail, Hogs, and a very slim chance of Mule Deer. If the opportunity ever arises for us to go on an Elk hunting trip, it would be several years from now and if he hasn't gotten a new rifle/caliber by then, I have 2 .308's.

As for Safety and Hunting etiquette, he is and will continue to learn the fundamentals, just as my Dad taught me.

Thanks for the helpful feedback!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Page generated in 0.03462 seconds with 8 queries