View Single Post
Old June 13, 2019, 12:20 AM   #10
stagpanther

Quote:
But you failed to include bullet mass. The "object" that Newton dude said exerts an equal and opposite reaction. So doesn't the total recoil impulse include the bold mass, speed, and the equal and opposite force from the bullet three times heavier than a 5.56 being pushed out. Then slowing the bolt would help reduce that total recoil impulse.
True that--both my 458 socom and 45 70 run at similar pressures with similar bullets, and both deliver very "respectable" felt recoil. The difference is the AR uses the gas to operate, so 30 to 35 K isn't much to begin with and you might risk cycling issues when upping your weight and stiffness since there's not a lot of "pressure reserve" to begin with to fully cycle the carrier. I'm not certain of this--but my guess is that the vast majority of all 458 socom and 450 bushmaster barrels are carbine type set-ups

Page generated in 0.02425 seconds with 8 queries