View Single Post
Old October 28, 2017, 09:09 PM   #48
TruthTellers

^ No, it's not happening. The desire for people to see a modern manufactured revolver like that for a reasonable price is a thing of the past and my answer to those who want such a revolver is, go get a used one.

There's a blued Python at an lgs near me. Price: $3000. I haven't handled it, I have no interest in it, so I don't know if it's worth it or not. Let's say it has barely been fired and is in like new condition and one wanted a revolver of that perceived quality then they should buy it.

I've had in my mind a .357 GP100 because I don't have a .357 revolver. What's nice about the .357 is I can find .357's from the cheap Rohm crap all the way up to the Python and on to older Smiths and into the twilight zone of Korth and what all of them have in common is they're all used guns and, with the exception of Rohm, made by really skilled people.

A gun is only worth what it's worth to the person wanting to buy it. For how low employees are getting paid in gun companies, the customer is not going to get a Holland and Holland for the price of a Savage.

And what I detest about the new Colt Cobra is it's not quality worth the price. I can understand one paying 3 or 4 g's for the high quality .357 guns I mentioned, but what I can't accept is one paying more money for a mediocre .38 when they could buy a .357 that's better made for less. If one wants to spend their mostly hard earned money on a Cobra, it's their boat to float, but when they try and tell me that it's better quality than newly made Ruger's and Smith's or is made from iron mined from Mount Olympus, I can't let such bunk go over without being challenged.

Last edited by TruthTellers; October 28, 2017 at 09:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.03174 seconds with 8 queries