View Single Post
Old December 6, 2009, 01:57 PM   #4
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

This is going to be a long thread with much chest beating about personal preferences. Truth is at home ranges inside the house with a 12 gauge it won't make a lot of difference. The question is where do you live because excess penetration may be a factor in your choice of ammo. For that reason I use #4 shot in a 20 gauge. Where I lived before and I was alone 2 rounds of 00 was my choice backed up by slugs backed up by a 357 mag revolver or my 45 ACP 1911 pistol. I wouldn't dare do that now with my crippled brother and my blind sister living in the house with me.

Now get ready for the 3 1/2" mag with slugs down to the the 1 3/4" mini-rounds proponents to come out of the woodwork. Few believe it is an individual choice made on your living circumstances, their way or no way.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.02435 seconds with 8 queries