View Single Post
Old November 12, 2008, 11:17 PM   #8
King Ghidora

It's probably more about the setup of your 2 acres in the mind of most people. If you're shooting down in a creek bed with a substantial hill above it between you and any houses and people know that's where you're shooting then chances are you won't have a problem. I've seen gun ranges on half an acre that had a great berm to shoot into where no one complained at all and I've seen ranges out in a very rural area where the berm was slightly downhill from the benches where people let rounds get away from them and the neighbors complained loudly and rightly so. Anytime you let a bullet get away from you it's a very bad situation.

If you're lucky like me you won't have any complaints. Well I do have one occasionally like one guy complained about me shooting after dark but I have a well lit setup and I was sighting in a laser. I explained that to him and I never heard another complaint. I've sometimes scared my neighbors across the road just by surprising them but they always call me when they have a problem and they've asked me to help watch the neighborhood.

If you keep good relations with your neighbors and you do have a safe setup you shouldn't have a problem even if you don't quite measure up to the size requirements. I'd try to make sure you won't have a problem with neighbors before you start though.

Page generated in 0.02075 seconds with 8 queries