View Single Post
Old April 26, 2019, 03:12 PM   #41
sigarms228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmodragoon View Post
Alright. I just started putting stats into a spreadsheet. Width is a big part of what prompted this thread. It looks like only the 3913 and the XDe get in around an inch wide. The heavier Sig P239 comes in at 1.2". The next thinnest I found is the double-stack Sphinx SDP subcompact at 1.22". The Sphinx compares favorably with the Rami except in height, though it gains three rounds for that extra third of an inch and matches the XDe at 5".

Weight and height matter, but I'm not entirely sure how much. The P99C is really light at 21.5 ounces and is only 4.3" tall, but is also 1.3" wide. (The regular P99 is relatively compact for a full-size.)

I'll check local shops and keep my fingers crossed for the next gun show. I'd like to get my hands on a 3913 to see how it feels. I'd also like to get the Sphinx SDP subcompact in my hands. I've heard mostly good things about that one too.
Well good luck. I handled a 3913 and it is as wide as a Glock 19. Be careful when looking at specs as a lot of places list "slide width" which is not the same as "overall width" which includes controls. I believe you might have a pretty hard time finding parts for a 3913 also. I have been CCW my Walther PPS quite a bit again with the warmer weather and the thinness of it sure makes for comfortable all day CCW. Though not as thin I must say my HK P30SK is fairly comfortable to CCW also.

Page generated in 0.03087 seconds with 8 queries