View Single Post
Old November 5, 2019, 07:56 AM   #27
USNRet93

Some snipped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fischer View Post
I ran into a cop in NYC years ago. I was in a small store in Harlem and an alarm went off. Two cops walked in the door and let no one out till they found out what was going on. I noticed one cops gun, solid mass of rust. If he had to use it I'm not sure it would work. Obviously he didn't give a hoot about guns. To bad as at some point his life could hinge on that!

In any profession where your required to qualify even just yearly, the people doing it should be serious about using the gun. They may never need it and that's fine, the problem is if for some reason they do need it! Good chance then they die. Our police officer's should be well above average shooter's, in their business their life could depend on it, forget someone else's life. Qualifying once a year or even quarterly is a joke. In the extreme think about an infantry soldier in battle. Really thing it does any good for him not to be all he can with his rifle? I think his life depends on it!
Question then..in Police departments..are 'issued' guns kept by the LEO? Or do they keep them at the department, put them on when they get to work? Are they kept in an armory or in the person's 'locker'? For this essential 'tool' for the LEO, are they inspected, tested by somebody to make sure they work? The above seems like a traffic cop in a car that wouldn't start..
I would think it would be in the department's best interest to make sure these 'tools' are in good working order..even if the officer doesn't care..

"Tools not Trophies”

Page generated in 0.02844 seconds with 8 queries