View Single Post
Old November 19, 2018, 05:20 PM   #27
Tactical Jackalope

Gear check!

I have been carrying the same handheld light for about 5+ years now. I will share a pic if you want. It's a Surefire E1D Defender. It's basically all aluminum now (exaggerating, but it's beat up!). So that hasn't changed.

As for EDC lights, I've been using WML for years as well. Surefire X300U for most of those years. Recently switched to a Streamlight TLR-7 from a small test with an XC1 from Surefire. It just didn't have enough *umph* for me. Especially coming from an X300U. And now there is a 1,000 lumen X300U coming out! Can't wait.

So the X300s are on the MK25 (which I carry appendix with the X300U) and the FNX-45 Tactical. That sports a Vortex red dot and an FDE X300U. Which is an OWB gun.

My EDC pistol is an HK USP 9 Compact and has a GG&G rail with the Streamlight TLR-7. It shares it with the Glock 19. But that's been almost six months since the Glock has been my main squeeze. I have the XC1 on the P229.

As for knives, the past few years has been a Benchmade 810 Contego. However, that M4 super steel has to be sharpened by Benchmade because I cannot for the life of me do it myself. So I recently bought myself a Cold Steel Tanto folder with the new steel they're using and 4 Spydercos. 2 Delicas, a Matriarch, and an Ocelot.

Shipping the Benchmade out soon. I only had one knife for the longest.

Anyway. Nice post!

Bonus:

I carry medical with me everywhere. At the very least on my person there's a SOF Tourniquet and Israeli quick clot bandages.

The Vertx EDC Ready bag has A LOT more.

Page generated in 0.02134 seconds with 8 queries