View Single Post
Old April 15, 2019, 05:41 PM   #16
stinkeypete

I’m a recently retired high school teacher and have some observations:

* if it’s true some @sses shot a few teachers with airsoft guns without their full consent, I hope those idiots get sued so bad all they can afford to keep are their boxer shorts.

* crap like this does go on and it’s yet another case of bullying and abuse and why teachers need a union.

* if you can’t trust your teachers to assess kids learning (even a student teacher has a minimum of 4 years formal education) why suddenly trust them to confront armed intruders?

* until you have spent 6 months teaching or volunteering every day in a school you don’t have the least idea what it’s like in that school. You don’t. You have absolutely not a clue.

* I had an entire 3 credit college course on “what is the mission of the schools?” Meeting 3 times a week for 5 months. That covers philosophies from Aristotle to Henry Ford to John Dewey. We study stuff like that for years and then live and breathe it. If you think the mission of the schools can be written in less than 300 pages, you haven’t been thinking about it long or deep enough.

We have fire drills, tornado drills, bomb threat drills, active shooter drills.

Start running idiot rambos in the hall with airsoft guns is ... inconceivably stupid. Whoever authorized that should be run out of town.

Just when I think the world can’t get any more stupid, a man earns the Presidential Medal of Freedom for playing golf well.

I need a drink.

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; April 15, 2019 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Removed inflammatory remarks.

Page generated in 0.02603 seconds with 8 queries