View Single Post
Old May 19, 2019, 08:54 AM   #18
WC145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Blanca View Post
[*]You can't predict when you may need to shoot one-handed. I can't shoot one-handed with my strong-hand thumb over the safety, riding the side of the slide. It makes no sense to me to use one grip for two-handed shooting and a different grip for one-handed shooting.
I don't ride the thumb safety either, my thumb stays just below it. I was taught that you should start with a strong one handed grip and support it, when possible, with your off hand, because you never know when you'll need to shoot one handed or have to fight for possession of your gun. Also, I use the same grip for both pistols and revolvers. I have no problem with recoil control or accuracy and I've never accidently engaged the thumb safety in almost 50 years of shooting the 1911. And, I still manage to win single stack at most of the local USPSA matches I participate in.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 8 queries