View Single Post
Old November 19, 2013, 01:35 PM   #25
Dragline45

Quote:
A shotgun is one tool in the toolbox. Used within its limitations it is an acceptable defensive weapon. It is also the most over rated weapon with many, many negatives. It's advantages are overblown and people are way too much influenced by what they have seen on TV and movies.
Are you sure your not confusing your statement with the AR? If anything, the AR is the most overrated weapon, with many negatives, with its advantages overblown and influenced by what people see on TV. The .223 is a mediocre round that fell into favor due to the ability to carry more ammunition on person, it's a varmint round in my opinion. The AR-15 has proven in military use to be awful for clearing houses, it's awful at long ranges, and it lacks penetration and barrier penetration when needed. Rounds that fragment when they hit there target is not something I am interested in. Like I said before, for close range home defense use give me a 12g, for mid to long range self defense use, give me a rifle in .308 like the M14/M1A. Overall, I think the .223 round sucks, and saying that military and LE use it is a bad argument. The people who are in charge of selecting weapons and ammunition for agencies usually aren't qualified to be making those decisions.

Quote:
The shotgun is all but obsolete in LE and military now and losing ground rapidly among the general population for good reason.
This is a false statement.

Page generated in 0.02110 seconds with 8 queries